About the Role
Save Our Service are currently looking for experienced maintenance manager to work at multiple Little Zak’s and Mini Mastermind childcare centres. The role is designed for those who are eager to excel and are committed to exceeding expectations.
We are currently looking for someone with previous experience managing a team and delegating tasks to the team.
Your daily responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Providing effective leadership, coaching and mentoring of maintenance team members
- Leading the adherence to safety policies and procedures by your team and fellow staff/ employees and Management
- Managing and developing maintenance budgets to ensure business objectives are delivered, including consultation and communication to key stakeholders (inc. approval of invoices)
- Initiating and implementing processes and routines to continually improve the maintenance/cleaning functions of the business
- Ensuring maintenance/ cleaning activities are effectively and efficiently planned, managed and delivered to meet business requirements
- Efficiently managing time and meeting all specified deadlines.
- Conducting regular inspections of the facilities to detect and resolve problems
- Identify risks and remove/manage them to ensure a safe environment at all times
- Undertake tasks and projects as requested by the Managing Director/ General Manager as required
- Receiving and reviewing requests for maintenance/cleaning and prioritizes maintenance activities based on urgency and availability of resources
- Creating and implementing Maintenance/Cleaning procedures.
- Management of the maintenance teams roster/ time and attendance and leave approvals.
- Ability to prioritise the tasks on hand at any given time for the purpose of the operational needs of the business
- Assist with project management of new centres opening.
- Liaising with building managers according to works required to be carried out in relation to maintenance/ cleaning
- Manage and coordinate with trades/ vendors and suppliers for IT/ Data/ Alarms & CCTV across all sites managed by us.
- Coordinate trades and maintenance/cleaning personnel required for external clients as requested via Save our Service.
- You are skilled, authentic and innovative in your approach to meeting your responsibilities.
- Proven ability to use initiative, sound judgement, and discretion.
- Possess a high level of personal integrity, tact and emotional intelligence.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to plan and organise work.
- Have a sense of ownership and investment in the centres
- You are a manager and a leader who is able to develop and empower others.
- Professional, punctual and well presented
- Understanding and knowledge of WHS
- Ideally previous work in a similar role
- Must have own car
- Be on a roster to respond to after hours issues that arise.
- Current/ Valid working with Children Check
- Police Check
- COVID - 19 Vaccinated (double jabbed)
We require someone who is reliable, punctual and hardworking. You must be able to work independently. A keen eye for detail and good customer service skills is important and the ability to maintain high work standards.